Delight in these savory Baked Eggplant Parmesan Rolls! This recipe combines the goodness of eggplant, cheese, and marinara sauce, baked to perfection.
Baked Eggplant Parmesan Rolls
- 2 medium eggplants, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Season the eggplant slices with salt and pepper. In a shallow bowl, combine breadcrumbs and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Take each eggplant slice and coat it in the breadcrumb-Parmesan mixture, then roll it up and place it seam-side down in the baking dish.
- Once all the eggplant slices are rolled up, spoon marinara sauce over the rolls and sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with fresh basil leaves before serving.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information (per serving): Calories: 320, Fat: 15g, Carbohydrates: 25g, Protein: 20g