Indulge in the creamy goodness of our Baked Cauliflower Mac and Cheese. This dish is a delightful twist on the classic mac and cheese, incorporating the wholesome flavors of cauliflower for a healthier yet equally delicious option.
Baked Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Cook the macaroni according to package instructions; drain and set aside.
- Steam the cauliflower florets until tender; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour until the mixture becomes paste-like and light golden brown.
- Gradually whisk in the milk so that no lumps form, and continue cooking and stirring until the sauce thickens.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic powder until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Combine the cooked macaroni and steamed cauliflower with the cheese sauce, then transfer to a greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese and breadcrumbs on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden and the cheese is bubbly.
- Let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
Total Time: 1 hour
Nutritional Information: (Per serving) Calories: 450, Fat: 22g, Carbohydrates: 45g, Protein: 18g