Celebrate the autumn season with this mouthwatering stuffed peppers recipe that combines the rich flavors of harvest vegetables and spices. These peppers are sure to be a hit at your next gathering, earning them a well-deserved rating of 4.8 out of 5 from a whopping 2487 reviews.
Autumn Harvest Stuffed Peppers
- 4 large bell peppers, halved and seeds removed
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup butternut squash, diced
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts, shredded
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine quinoa, butternut squash, Brussels sprouts, cranberries, pecans, olive oil, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Stuff each bell pepper half with the quinoa mixture and place them in a baking dish.
- Pour vegetable broth into the bottom of the dish, cover with foil, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil, sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top of each pepper, and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven, let cool slightly, and serve your Autumn Harvest Stuffed Peppers hot.
Total time: 1 hour
Yield: 8 stuffed pepper halves
Nutritional Information (per serving): Calories 320 | Fat 15g | Carbohydrates 42g | Protein 8g